Lancaster University Continues Rise In World Rankings
Lancaster University has risen 81 places in The Times Higher-QS World University Rankings , published on November 9th 2007.
Lancaster is now placed 147 ( from 228 last year) in the rankings of the top 200 universities in the world and 25th out of the UK universities who were included in the list.
This year the rankings include the opinions of 5,101 international experts who have listed those universities that they feel are leaders in their own academic field.
The rankings included scores from employers of graduates, staff/student ratios, citations of staff which is a measure of research excellence, and a measure of how attractive institutions are to international staff and students.
Other benchmarks of Lancaster's rising world ranking include the Financial Times 2007 Top 100 Global MBA programmes, in which the Lancaster MBA was ranked amongst the top 30 for the second year running. LUMS is now the only UK business school ranked in the UK's top 5 for the combination of MBA, Masters in Management, and Custom Executive Education.
· The Sunday Times University Guide 2007 ranks Lancaster University first in the league table of Northwest universities, and 18th overall in the table.
· The Guardian University Guide 2008 ranks Lancaster joint 22nd in the UK. Seventeen subjects at Lancaster are now ranked in the top 20 across all UK universities.
· The Times Good University Guide 2008 ranks Lancaster University at 27 out of 113 in the UK - and top in the North West.
· The magazine Research Fortnightly found that Lancaster beat Oxbridge in 2006/2007 by coming top in a nationwide survey of successful research applications from UK universities. Lancaster beat 36 other universities in a survey of institutions which had made more than 100 applications for grants to the six research councils. Lancaster’s 120 applications achieved a “sparkling” 40 per cent success rate according to figures compiled by the magazine compared with Cambridge's 39 per cent and Oxford's 37 per cent.
· The 2007 National Student Survey rates Lancaster as the top ranked university in the North West and the joint top ranked University in the whole North of England. Overall, Lancaster is in the top 20 – ranking equal 15th in the survey which contains the views of final year students on the quality of the education they received.