Car Parking Changes On Campus
Improvements to visitor car parking on campus will take effect from the start of the new permit year on October 1st. These include:
- The creation of a new visitor car parking zone, known as ‘Visitor & Priority Parking’
- 95 additional parking spaces in this zone, in addition to the current supply of visitor parking
- The installation of 6 additional pay and display machines on campus
- Improvements to signage for Visitor Parking and directions to visitor parking
- A freeze this year on any increases in visitor car parking charges
- Revised parking enforcement policy across the campus with fewer formal warnings, a higher clamp release fee (£50 per day) and additional full-time parking enforcement staff
- Scratchcards and pay & display stickers will be valid in all zones – Visitor & Priority, Staff Preference, Staff Standard and Student Standard (AP)
Existing signage will be altered by October 3rd and new signage, including improved signage for visitor parking, will be installed later in the term. The new pay & display machines will be installed over the coming months.
For 2008/2009 the Visitor & Priority Parking Zone will include all existing pay & display spaces and the bollarded spaces at InfoLab21, together with 95 additional spaces. The additional spaces include:
- The 51 spaces that are currently designated as ‘Inner Zone’ in Bowland Avenue;
- 24 spaces at County Field (currently a contractor compound until Oct. ’08). This will serve the Great Hall, Peter Scott Gallery and visitor areas to the north of campus;
- 20 spaces on SW Drive outside the Management School. This will serve the Conference Centre at the hotel and support visitors to the Management School, LEC and other areas to the south-west of main campus.
For a map of the new campus parking zones please see here: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/estates/documents/Parking%20Zones_Proposal%201_Jun08-Layout1.pdf Areas shaded blue are for Visitor & Priority car parking.
This zone will be available to University visitors, staff & students with a valid one-day scratch-card or pay & display sticker or staff holding a valid Car Share Permit. It will also be available for the University fleet of vehicles and hired cars for University business. (Note: Currently all staff that choose not to purchase an annual parking permit receive 15 free one-day parking scratchcards for use throughout the year if requested).
Additional pay & display machines will be installed at:
- Bowland Ave (Chaplaincy Centre)
- Management School (current visitor parking)
- InfoLab 21 (current bollarded spaces)
- County Field (at entrance to new car park)
- Alexandra Park south apron x 2.
University fleet of vehicles – any permit type can be purchased. Parking is permitted in the Visitor & Priority Parking Zone in addition to the relevant zone for that permit. A distinction to these permits will be made to indicate that they are University vehicles.
University hired vehicles – any permit type can be purchased. Parking is permitted in the Visitor & Priority Parking Zone in addition to the relevant zone for that permit. A distinction to these permits will be made to indicate that they are University-hired vehicles.
More details on car parking can be found on the Security or Estates webpages: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm and http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/estates/travel/car_parking.htm