Lancaster rankings success
· Lancaster is currently ranked top in the northwest in the Independent, Guardian, Times and Sunday Times league tables.
· Lancaster University is the top ranked university in the Northwest and the joint top ranked university in the whole north of England, according to the 2008 national student survey. Overall, Lancaster is ranked 13th nationally in the survey which was completed by almost 220,000 students at universities and colleges across the UK.
- A £300 million investment into the Estate has resulted in award winning environmentally student accommodation, new centres of excellence and new teaching and college space.
- The university’s success is built on its excellence in research and teaching. It was joint 8th out of 150 UK institutions (HEFCE RAE 2001) and 72% of its departments are rated 5 and above (90% input) with the Management School, Mathematics, Applied Statistics , Sociology and Physics being rated at 5*. 5 rated departments include Applied Social Science, Computing, Environmental Sciences and Psychology.
- Lancaster has a growing research income and is one of the top ‘research star’ universities in the UK, with the 3rd highest research income and the 2nd highest number of Phds in proportion to academic staff costs. Teaching at Lancaster is rated as ‘excellent’ by the Quality Assurance Agency) in many departments.
- Lancaster University is ranked among the world’s best universities according to the Times Higher Education. Lancaster is one of only 29 UK universities ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide, coming in at number 170 in the annual THE-QS world university rankings
- LUMS is a world-ranked international management school, consistently among the UK’s top four and equal 1st in the UK for research for nearly two decades. the financial times 2007 top 100 global MBA programmes ranked the Lancaster MBA amongst the top 30 for the second year running. LUMS is now the only UK business school ranked in the UK’s top 5 for the combination of MBA, Masters in Management, and Custom Executive Education.